National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
The N.S.S. remains to be an extension programme of Rastrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. It was started in 1989 with its First Programme Officer Prof. Jaiminee Kadoo. After him Dr. Chetan Masram took over the charge. He served this unit upto June 2011. From 2011 onwards Dr. J. A. Janbandhu, Associate Professor and Head, Department of English took over the charge. For the smooth functioning of the unit Prof. Jaiminee Kadoo, Dept. of Marathi assisted in almost every activity as Co-Programme officer until his retirement in 2012 . Ms. Shamli D. Khalatkar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Botany has been appointed by the Principal of the college as NSS Programme Officer from 2019-20 onwards and continues to work with students.
Activities by NSS:-
NSS has basically two types of activities viz.
- Regular Activities
- Special Village Camp
Regular Activities comprise:
- Campus Cleanliness Drive
- Tree Plantation and Blood Donation Camp
- AIDS Awareness Programme
- Street Play on Alcoholism, Corruption, Unemployment, Plastic Ban etc.
- Rallies on various themes. (Voter’s Awareness, Superstition, Digital Transaction)
For Special Village camp, a specific village where many problems exist, is selected. The NSS Volunteers are taken to the village to be resided for a week or so and the task they take during the camp are:
- Interaction session with villagers
- Cleanliness Drive
- Street Play on Superstition, Illiteracy, Anti-Narcotism etc
- Free Medical Camp for villagers
- Blood Donation Camp
- Tree Plantation
- Cultural Programmes
- Orientation Programmes by Guest Speaker
- Interaction with Village Panchayat and Primary School Teachers.
- Participation in Regular NSS Programme (Min. 120 hours) – 3 marks
- Participation in NSS Special Camp (College Level) – 3 Marks
- Participation in University/State/National Level Camp – 4 Marks
For Joining NSS:
Please Contact NSS Programme Officer.